1. What was decided upon? (e.g. what has been updated or changed?) Circulation staff should have the ability to place physical item requests on items in the missing process.
2. Why was this decided? (e.g. explain why this decision was reached. It may help to explain the way a procedure used to be handled pre-Alma) Sirsi gave library staff the ability to associate an item with an interested user by creating a hold when the item could not be found. The Access Services Committee wants to continue to allow requests on missing items in Alma, so that priority is given to finding the missing item and the patron is notified automatically when the item is found.
3. Who decided this? (e.g. what unit/group) Access Services Committee
4. When was this decided? 10/23/2018
5. Additional information or notes.