1. What was decided upon? (e.g. what has been updated or changed?)
The following decisions regarding Issues and Bound Issues were approved 11/30:
– Barcoding practice will not change
– Loan policy: “Bound Issue” Material type: Like-books loan (28/90/365)/ ”General” Fulfillment Unit; Unbound “Issue” material type: Reference (items charge via a manual exception using Change Due Date) / “Limited” Fulfillment Unit
– Both bound and unbound PERIODICALs migrated as Bound Issues. New, unbound periodicals are given the Issue material type automatically by Alma. Eventually, as old items are sent to the Bindery, libraries should end up with everything unbound as Issues, but staff will have to modify item records if we want to make unbound serials into Issues until then
– Loan policy for unbound serials will be specified by an item policy associated with the Issue material type – not the location. Loan policy may also have to be specified through an Item policy for Bound Issues not in a Periodical home location
2. Why was this decided? (e.g. explain why this decision was reached. It may help to explain the way a procedure used to be handled pre-Alma). Unbound periodicals circulated only be exception pre-Alma. The Access Services Committee wants to recreate this policy in Alma.
3. Who decided this? (e.g. what unit/group) Access Services Committee
4. When was this decided? 11/30/18.
5. Additional information or notes.