1. What was decided upon? (e.g. what has been updated or changed?)
Fulfillment Services Manager role can be granted for appropriate staff (but not student employees) in the future and by request.
2. Why was this decided? (e.g. explain why this decision was reached. It may help to explain the way a procedure used to be handled pre-Alma)
In our system, library users are not allowed to request items when they are available on stacks. Occasional staff will make exceptions requesting on shelf items for faculty and special projects. Granting Fulfillment Services Manager role rather than Fulfillment Services Operator role will give staff the ability to override the no request policy on available items to place them on hold.
There was nothing concerning about granting the elevated role, and the elevated role will let staff to use the Fulfillment Configuration Utility, a useful circulation troubleshooting tool. It is agreed that Fulfillment Services Manager role can be granted for appropriate staff (but not student employees) in the future and by request.
3. Who decided this? (e.g. what unit/group) Alma Systems Committee
4. When was this decided? 3/18/2019
5. Additional information or notes.