This is an annual process that should be completed by a member of Library Technology & Digital Services. It requires Excel, Alma and Analytics. Our policy states the following (see http://researchguides.library.vanderbilt.edu/c.php?g=144870&p=948273):
Purge expired patron records.
- If there are no outstanding bills or fines and no paid bills for item cost or lost books, purge record if it has been expired for at least 2 years.
- Expired patron records with paid bills for item cost or lost book, purge record after 7 years.
Identify users to be purged. The easiest method is to use Analytics.
* look for Purge Date for last two years (“Annual Purge Users” report in Fulfillment is set to look at the Purge Date for the last two years and earlier)
Export to Excel and then use that to create a set into Alma.
Run a job (Admin -> Run a job) – “Update/Notify Users” and change their User Group to “Purge these users” User Group
NOTE: This may not be needed since we are basing this off of the “Purge Date”, but it is a nice safe guard.
Admin -> Purge User Records
* Number of days after purge date = 1
* User record type = public
* User group = “Purge these users”
* Waive threshold = 0