1. What was decided upon? (e.g. what has been updated or changed?)
As of July 1 2019, the library implemented unlimited renew for standard loans (28/90/365 day loan), that means, for Vanderbilt faculty, staff, and students, they can renew library loans many times as long as the item was not needed (recalled) by another user, the renew can be done online or at any circulation desks. Items do not fall into standard loan policy will not have unlimited renewal, such as laptops, leisure reading items, and reserved items.
2. Why was this decided? (e.g. explain why this decision was reached. It may help to explain the way a procedure used to be handled pre-Alma)
3. Who decided this? (e.g. what unit/group)
The proposal was brought up by Access Services Committee, approved by Committee of Library Directors and Alma Systems Committee.
4. When was this decided? May 28, 2019.
5. Additional information or notes.