Automatic billing and manual billing, by changing the item to Lost, both bill for the Replacement Cost in the item record. If the Replacement Cost is blank, Alma bills for $75. To ensure that Alma bills for the amount you want, populate/correct the Replacement Cost in the item record before the item is changed to Lost.
- In Fulfillment>Manage Patron Services, search for the user, or, swipe the user’s card
- Change the Loan Display filter to All Loans
- From the row action list, adjacent to the loan entry for the item you want to bill for, choose Lost
ILL and Billing
- ILL will always specify when an item should be billed by contacting a circulation representative at each library
- Circulation staff should follow the steps for manual billing when contacted by ILL
- Lost loans will remain on the ILL pseudo-patron’s account until they are returned, staff use Delete Loan, or after 120 days
- Lost loans will be change to missing when loans are removed from user accounts via Delete Loan or via an Alma job at 120 days
- When ILL reports that bills for an item have been paid, credit all charges from the account of the appropriate ILL pseudo-patron. Crediting must be performed by a Circulation Desk Operator at the owning library.