1. What was decided upon? (e.g. what has been updated or changed?)
All patron facing letters shall have no more than 2 years retention period.
2. Why was this decided? (e.g. explain why this decision was reached. It may help to explain the way a procedure used to be handled pre-Alma)
Protect user privacy and avoid legal ramifications, if we are requested by subpoena we must comply should we have some letters retained in the system.
3. Who decided this? (e.g. what unit/group)
Access Services Committee
4. When was this decided? 10/9/2020
5. Additional information or notes.
ASC will continue to review patron notifications, and suggest shortened retention period for certain types of notifications.